- Contrary to popular belief, most developed countries do not add fluoride to their water.97% of the population in Western Europe do not drink fluoridated water. In fact more people drink fluoridated water in the United States than in the rest of the world combined.
- Non-fluoridated countries and fluoridated countries have similar tooth decay statistics.The World Health Organization (WHO) recently did a study that determined that there is little or no discernable difference in tooth decay. The decline in tooth decay cited by fluoride proponents as proof is also occurring in the developed countries who do not fluoridate their water.
- Studies have linked fluoride to lower IQ in children.While scientific theory is an ongoing process, there have been over 34 human studies and 100 animal studies linking fluoride to brain damage specifically lowering IQ up to 7 points in children. Studies have also linked fluoride to thyroid disease, arthritis, dementia, and increased tumor and cancer rates.
- Water fluoridation is not a naturally occurring process.While proponents claim fluoridation as a natural process, the truth is that while there is naturally occurring fluoride in some water supplies, it does not come close to the levels mandated by the governments in fluoridating your water.
- Fluoride becomes toxic at increased levels.
- Fluoride is the only medicine added to public water.Fluoride is the only chemical added to municipal water supplies with the stated effect of providing aid to the human body. All other chemicals added to the water supply are for the sole purpose of treating the water. Proponents of water fluoridation argue that fluoride is not a medicine as much as a necessary additive akin to adding Vitamin D to milk. However Fluoride is not an essential nutrient and the body has no actual physiological demand for it.
- 40% of American teenagers suffer from signs of fluoride over-exposure.A recent study by the CDC indicated that nearly 40% of American teenagers suffer from a condition known as dental fluorosis. Fluoride’s interference with the tooth forming cells create a condition that shows as cloudy streaks and spots and in extreme cases, brown stains and tooth erosion. The numbers of affected teens reach as high as 70 - 80% in some fluoridated areas.
QUESTIONS? EMAIL US
CALL US TODAY
SIGN UP FOR ENEWSLETTER